First of all though I should show you the back of the dress. This is made with my usual block which gives a good fit. The fabric I used is a very lightweight cotton (from Ikea), much lighter than the usual calico. I haven’t made the alteration to the central seam as yet. Also I haven’t added the back vent. This photo was taken with toile 2 (from my previous post)
I started again with the front of the dress and redrafted the curve to end higher on my hip. I also dropped my arm hole by 1.5cm but didn’t add the cap sleeves. I am never sure that cap sleeves suit me and I will probably wear this dress with a jumper underneath so I think a sleeveless style will be more flattering.
You will see that the dress itself it much more flattering, I have managed to get rid of the excess at the waist and the pleats are more evenly spread. The armholes still need some work though! The front here is attached to original back with the cap sleeves so it will look a bit odd. I probably need to make the curve of the armhole a bit deeper and shorten the shoulder seams.