Let’s start with the not so good stuff and then move on to the successes so I finish on a high.
1) Finding the time to sew or blog. It was ok in the early part of the year but since starting at Barclays has been impossible….not sure there is much I can add
2) Repeating a pattern doesn’t always make for success. So failure number one is my second Tova. Fabulous fabric (isn’t that always the case) but in fiddling around with the fit I ended up with a boring and rather frumpy dress. Failure number two is my second Suzy pant, again fabulous fabric – I used purple silk velvet – but where as Suzy number one is quite slinky, number two just makes my hips look enormous. So bad I haven’t even blogged it.
3) I still have a problem with tops. I find this when I am shopping for ready to wear clothes and I find it when I am choosing clothes to make. I did have a go at drafting my own top but the result was so horrible I didn’t blog about it. I also tried Gertie’s portrait blouse but should have realised that I will never be interested in wearing something without better sleeves (also I still have problems with the neckline which I’ve never managed to reconcile).
4) Changing my mind about things 1. My tweed dress – almost a success but not quite. I did wear it quite a bit last year but this winter it somehow seems too big and not fitted enough.
So moving onto the good stuff:
1) Changing my mind about things 2. I have worn V1179 almost to death despite not being sure of it when I first made it.
2) My overlocker – love, love, love
3) Learning new stuff – the stretch dress I made at Raystitch with the lovely Alice got worn a lot during the summer and I have experimented with several other dresses
4) I can make Jackets – not perfect but I am still proud that I made this and fully intend to make others in the future
5) Suzy pant – the first pair are fabulous……….
So there it is my year in a nutshell. Looking at my goals for 2013 I did manage most of them my main regret is not managing to do more knitting. Will try harder in 2014!