Ok so goals are made to be missed, aren’t they?
I checked my New Years resolutions for 2012 last night and found I’d achieved one out of the nine I set myself, but I’m not really too bothered I did other stuff instead.
So goals for 2013:
1. Tops for work. Smart, long sleeved, go under suits, easy to wear and look after. Should be simple but there’s always the problem of finding the right pattern and the right fabric.
2. Jacket. Only if I can find the right pattern.
3. Get to grips with my overlocker.
4. Draft some clothes with my blocks.
5. More knitting! I only made two cardigans, a pair of socks and a shawl in 2012 which is shocking!
6. OK I know this is more than 5 but I really need to add waistbands to the list. Not sure why but all the waistbands on my skirts are terrible either too bulky, a bit wonky around the corners or (in the case Vogue 1247) sewn on the wrong way around. I know this stuff should be simple so why do I always get it wrong?